Welcome to the Health and Work Training Resource – supporting the patient in and out of work
The Health and Work Training Resource, commissioned by Healthy Working Wales, was co produced by RCGP Wales, Healthy Working Wales and the Wales Deanery.
It has been designed for use by GPs and practices to support their own learning, on the evidence around the importance of work to health as well as the non clinical management of early return to work.
How to use this resource
This course is available in two parts:
This lasts for up to an hour and will take you on a patient journey through the lens of work, sickness absence, redundancy and unemployment. The focus is on how the range of different resources can be used to support different stages of management of the patient.
• The Fitnote (may be fit for some work section)
• Fit for Work Service
• In work support services (where applicable)
• Job Centre Plus (JCP)
• Use of Motivational Interviewing
Allows you to develop your own learning via a series of self selected topics.
• Job Centre Plus support for those in and out of work with relevant links to more information
• Longer video clip on Motivational Interviewing
• Tribunals – information on tribunals and an understanding of the types of letters GPs can issue that will support patients through this process
If you have any questions about the information and training within this section, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 3188 7759 (local number).